Men's Health Specialist
Board Certified Internal Medicine & Primary Care located in San Ramon, CA
About Dr. Temkin
“I consider myself a very proactive physician. I focus on getting my patients looking and feeling their best.”
Michael Temkin, DO understands that men don’t always like to go to the doctor, much less openly discuss their personal health concerns. At his San Ramon, California-based private practice, he helps put men at ease in order to gather the information needed to gauge their risk for lifestyle-related diseases and to better personalize their care. Give our office a call or book online today to schedule an appointment, and know that you’ll be treated with the respect and expertise you deserve.
Men's Health Q & A
What men’s health issues does Dr. Temkin treat?
- Ear, nose, and throat issues
- Erectile dysfunction and sexual health
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Musculoskeletal conditions, such as arthritis
- Prostate conditions
- Sports injury prevention and treatment
What can I expect when I come in for an appointment?
Do I need to see a doctor if I’m young and healthy?
What screenings will I need?
- During your annual physical with Dr. Temkin, you may receive a screening for prostate and testicular health that will include a digital rectal exam. Additionally, Dr. Temkin can screen for colon cancer, monitor blood pressure, and order blood tests to measure cholesterol levels (a risk factor for heart disease) and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and testosterone levels. Low testosterone levels may lead to erectile dysfunction, low sex drive, and mood swings, and Dr. Temkin can help balance testosterone in your body for greater overall health.
- Even if it’s been a couple years since you last saw a doctor, now is a great time to establish a relationship with a primary care physician like Dr. Temkin.